back

on 27-01-2001 16:23, Mario Jean Roberty at roberty@balcab.ch wrote:

> Michel,
>
> May I kindly ask you to wait a few more minutes before issuing the Gospel
> story ?!
>
> I am trying to call you but cannot find your actual Dutch phone number.
> Please give me a ring.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mario
>
>
>
****************************************************

on 27-01-2001 18:19, Mario Jean Roberty at roberty@balcab.ch wrote:

> Michel, what do you think about the following text:
>
>
> Breaking News... "Bruce on the Loose"
>
> Crime against Humanity... Priceless and not replaceable Gospel of Judas
> embezzled by manuscript dealer Bruce P. Ferrini ( http://www.ferrini.com )
>
> The mechanics:
>
> Last fall, Zurich based antiques dealer Frieda Chakos entrusts priceless
> papyrus manuscripts which had been in a Bank vault in New York for almost 20
> years to the “safe” facilities of Akron/Ohio based manuscript dealer Bruce
> P. Ferrini. She is approached by Ferrini through a middleman and doesn’t
> have a clue that by this time Ferrini is already in deep financial troubles.
> The news had not hit the papers yet. Ferrini takes advantage of the secrecy
> of the art-market and offers to help Frieda ‘in preserving these manuscripts
> for the benefit mankind’ ...
>
> The papyrus manuscripts consist of
>
> -    a Gnostic codex in Sahidic dialect containing the lost 'Gospel of Judas'
> known from history only through Saint Irenaeus (c. 140-202 AD), Bishop of
> Lyon, the “First Apocalypse of James” and the “Epistle of Peter to Philip”
> -    the ‘Book of Exodus’ in Greek
> -    ‘Letters of Paul’ in Sahidic dialect and a
> -    ‘Mathematical Treatise’ in Greek.
>
> All these manuscripts are priceless historical documents, only comparable to
> major finds like the Nag Hammadi Library or the Dead-See Scrolls from
> Qumran. They belong to mankind and shall be publicly preserved and studied.
> For this purpose, Frieda has set up a public foundation to which these
> manuscripts have been donated. But Ferrini wants to turn them into money for
> the satisfaction of his greedy ambitions and has therefore spirited the
> manuscripts away, to Japan.
>
> Legal proceedings and criminal persecution are under way. This will take
> some time. As things develop, you will see how much more efficient I am with
> my DEVASTATING ART NEWS. Crimes against the most basic cultural interests of
> mankind must be persecuted by adequate means. Buyers beware, a maniac dealer
> is selling parts of our history. You buy ? You touch ? You will be
> prosecuted !
>
>
> Let me know.
>
> Thanks pour toujours !
>
> Mario
>
>
*****************************************************
on 05-02-2001 01:17, Mario Jean Roberty at roberty@balcab.ch wrote:

>
> While I have been walking, then resting, an resting again, YOU HAVE BEEN
> DOING A GENIUS JOB ! Congratulations ! You have updated your site in the
> best possible way and I am admiring your skills.
>
> It seems that resting too much is not very creative to me. I've tried to
> think of what could be said next but haven't received any brilliant
> inspiration.
>
> Let me quickly tell you what really has happened: Basically nothing. Last
> Monday night(Jan 29)Eric K. called several times and repeatedly confirmed he
> didn't know what this fuss was all about  because his client was perfectly
> willing to return the manuscripts (exception for "The Mathematical Treatise"
> and "The Letters of Paul" which he has already sold and for which he should
> have paid $ 300 on Feb 1) as soon as would be returning to Akron on Feb 14,
> back from the Palm Beach Antiques Fair (or from Japan ?). Since these phone
> calls I (or Frieda) have received no further communication either from Eric
> or from the Italo-Sioux himself. Tomorrow, we can check the bank for the
> arrival of $ 300 as promised !? Of course, I know Eric had been absent Tue
> and Wed and he knew I was going to Paris until Fri night.
>
> The point is, I would like to keep the pressure on B.F. until he really
> fulfills his (lawyer's) promise. Therefore, probably the best and only
> possible update on "Bruce on the Loose" is the naked truth:  Thanks to
> "Devastating Art News" promising contacts have been established between the
> lawyers of the parties involved and hopefully B.F. will keep his (lawyer's)
> word and have the manuscripts returned by February 14/15, 2001.
>
> I'll call you tomorrow morning hoping to find you still in London.
>
> Muy buenas noches
>
> Un abrazo
>
> Mario
>
>
>
****************************************************
on 06-02-2001 07:41, Mario Jean Roberty at roberty@balcab.ch wrote:

> Hi Michel,
>
> upon arrival in NYC I immediately checked your updated site and,
> frankly, I am not very happy with it. Your first paragraph reveals such
> information that obviously could only be fed in by my side and this
> could make negotiations starting tomorrow (i.e. today) even more
> difficult. On the other hand, this quite precise technical info is of
> little importance or impact to the public. Would it be possible to have
> it reviewed again ? At the same occasion I'd like you to reconsider the
> Big Brother sentence. Charlie's contribution really surprises me. I had
> no idea of his theological background being as solid on such a
> particular subject. This kind as well as any other kind of contributions
> or revelations of facts I can't possibly be aware of, would make your
> update extremely more helpful - for the benefit of the cause ... ! Also,
> all your humour is fine with me.
>
> Please, give it a thought and try to take advantage of the time leg.
>
> Thanks un mundo !
>
> Mañana, as always, I'll be commenting on xxxxxx mails - for this
> I'll need a clearer mind than what I am having on hands right now.
>
> Un abrazo
>
> Mario
>

*****************************************************

From: "Mario Jean Roberty" <roberty@balcab.ch>
> Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 18:09:58 +0100
> To: "Michel van Rijn" <info@michelvanrijn.com>
> Subject: update on the loose Bruce
>
> Dear Michel,
>
> Now I know you don't only have a third ear but also a third eye:
> Yesterday, just before leaving for the meeting with Eric, I checked my
> mailbox and got your prophetical message about what Eric would be saying
> and proposing. You were right to the dot !
>
> I still don't quite get what Bruce really wants - besides trying to make
> the business of his life, i.e. selling manuscripts (letters of Paul and
> Mathematical Treatise) as well as some objects of art and exploiting and
> possibly selling the important manuscripts without ever having to pay
> for them. It's the precise attitude of a professional embezzler and
> thief ...
>
> During our meeting, there were three major issues:
>
> - who is passing information on to you
> - the overdue payment of USD 300" for the manus already sold
> - the refusal to return the other manus.
>
> 1. In order to figure out where the leak is, Eric suggested Bruce to
> feed three different, false infos to three different possible leaks.
> Watch out !
>
> 2. The overdue payment has been done because of a confusion with
> dealings Bruce has with Bill Veres. Bill claims Bruce owing him money
> and pretends having paid Frieda on behalf on Bruce USD 90" (which is not
> true !) and Bruce claims Bill owing him lots of money. Bill had
> introduced Bruce to Frieda and pretends to be his partner. At the same
> time he pretends feeling responsible towards Frieda for the mess she is
> in. For reasons completely independent of Bruce, Bill owes Frieda about
> USD 150". All this confusion is basically bullshit and is being used by
> Bruce just to avoid payment. By the way, he pretends that the sales
> price obtained by Sam Fogg is not of USD 900" and that the sale was not
> to Thompson.
>
> 3. Because in your latest update you claim having been asked for
> assistance by the Egyptian authorities, Eric pretends Bruce being no
> longer able to return the manus without risking persecution under US law
> ! This is pure bullshit again and he would have brought this same
> argument even if you had not mentioned the Egyptian authorities. From
> what I have learned and seen documented, I can affirm that following
> legal terms (the applicable Egyptian law being No. 215 of October 31,
> 1951) there is no possibility for a claim from that country. Of course,
> this does not foreclose some action out of purely political motives ...
>
>
> We are now considering the remaining options. Possibly, there will be
> another meeting on Friday afternoon with Bruce present.
>
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> Un abrazo
>
> Mario
>
>
>
*********************************