CIMRM 27bis - Inscribed altar. Anazarbus, Cilica.
During the summer of 1950 a small limestone altar was found at the south-west end of the stadium at the site of Anabarzos in Cilicia. On one side was an inscription in Greek. The first 5 lines had been erased with a chisel, while the remaining 5 lines were badly weathered. The inscription was by a certain M. Aurelius Seleucus, priest of Mithra. The opening section seems to have been dedicated to an emperor who since suffered damnatio memoriae. The lettering is perhaps 3rd c. A.D.1
From Michael Gough, Anazarbus, Anatolian Studies, Vol. 2 (1952), pp. 85-150.
From "Handbuch Der Orientalistik: Nahe und der Mittlere Osten, Volume 3; Volume 53", edited by John O. Hunwick etc., p.306:
From Roger Beck, "Mithraism since Franz Cumont", ANRW 2, p.2019: